The CPA Recruit is an annual recruitment campaign where international, national, and local CPA firms hire accounting students for full-time, summer internship, or Co-op positions. The Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre and UBC Accounting Club work together to coordinate the CPA Recruit and support you along the way.
Here is a summary of the key dates and deadlines you’ll want to mark down! (Please note that dates and deadlines are subject to change).
- Aug 2 – Registration for Fall Recruit goes live
- Aug 12 – Job Postings Released (viewing only)
- Aug 26 – Job Postings Go Live
- Aug 29 – Registration for Fall Recruit closes
- Aug 30 – Fall Recruit in Fraser Valley
- Sep 7 – Meet the Mid-Sized Firms Day
- Sep 8 – Application Deadline for Midsize Firm at 5:00 PM PST
- Sep 9 – Meet the National Firms Day
- Sep 11 – Application Deadline for National Firms at 11:59 AM PST
- Sep 14 to Oct 2 – Interview Period
- Oct 3 – Offers Sent Out (Starting at 9:00 AM PST)
- Oct 7 – Deadline for Offer Acceptances (12:00 PM PST)
To get an edge on this year’s CPA Recruit, check out the UBC Accounting Club’s:
- Jun 9 – CPA Recruit Prep Workshop
- Jul 15 – Alumni Mixer (Held in conjunction with the Business Career Centre)
- Jul 18 – Summer BBQ (Held in conjunction with UBC DAP Club)
- Aug 9 – Mid-Sized Firm Event
- Aug 15 – Summer Sports Day
- Aug 22 – Recruitment Photobook Session #1
- Aug 23 – Recruitment Photobook Session #2
The CPA Fall Recruit is just around the corner! For the second year in a row, firms are asking students to send in this application form along with a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript.